Biblical World View
Once people know what is in the Bible, how do you put it into practice? What is the church doing about that problem?
- A world view is like a lens through which we see and interpret the world around us. For many people, a world view is shaped and colored by many outside forces – school, media, friends, etc. At SEC, we want the world views of our people to be shaped by the Bible.
- We have a large library of media for presenting and reinforcing a biblical world view. These include
- The Truth Project – a product of Focus on the Family that identifies and teaches factors that influence world view and how to incorporate a Biblical world view into our own lives
- Financial Peace University – teaches us how to manage our money using principles found in scripture.
- Your Work Matters to God – is a book about finding a career that complements your God-given talents and honors God. This book and What Color is Your Parachute provide an excellent resource library for anyone looking at beginning or changing careers.
- Right Now Media – all of those who attend SEC have access to RightNowMedia.com for use in their homes, workplace or self-study. RightNowMeida.com has bible studies, conferences, and other teaching resources that address both biblical literacy and biblical world view.
- We have identified a youth world view camp that we would like to use to train our youth to be leaders and example setters for a Biblical world view.
- Mostly, we want to develop other leaders who can present and defend a Biblical world view